Main Article Content
The conducted analysis of scientific literature convinces us that today in science enough attention is paid to the psychodiagnostic and psycho-corrective work on resocialization of the individual after the release from serving the sentence.
Purpose of the article: to determine the individual results of the study after the application of our author's program of psychological correction of personal re-socialization after release from serving the sentence.
The research was conducted on the basis of four relevant institutions of Kharkiv and Sumy regions of Ukraine. The sample of the study is a total of 100 males (the first six months after the release of serving a sentence). 48 of them were selected out of it, which by their own will included up to four experimental groups and met the following criteria:
1) their internal convictions regarding changes in their own lives for the better were so desirable that they with great pleasure participated in the testing of the psycho-correction program;
2) the absence of narcotic, alcohol or gambling addiction;
3) subjects in groups were close by age.
They were given an opportunity to take part in group work for 2.5 months for 1 class weekly for 4 academic hours each (only 36 hours).
Thus, 4 experimental groups were formed:
– the first group of subjects (youth) – 24 men, aged from 28 to 39 years – is divided into 2 subgroups of 12 people;
– the second group of subjects (older than age) – 24 men, aged 40 to 50 years – is divided into 2 subgroups of 12 people.
The total number of experimental experimental groups is 48 people.
The control group consisted of 52 subjects who were included in the sample at the initial stage of the study but did not participate in the group work; with them in different institutions of social adaptation, another work on resocialization was carried out.
It should be emphasized that psycho-corrective training did not involve the participation of persons with pathopsychological deviations.
The practical significance of the research is to test and validate the results of the research (confirmed by the implementation acts), namely: «Psychodiagnostic and psycho-correction programs for the study of readiness for resocialization of the individual after being released from serving the sentence» in the centers of social adaptation of the Kharkiv and Sumy regions of Ukraine. The results of the study are used in the practical work of psychologists of penitentiary institutions, probation of the aforementioned areas, as well as during training in the system of professional training and professional development of psychologists of penitentiary institutions and probation of Ukraine.
Materials of research can be used in work with juvenile offenders; with convicts serving sentences in colony settlements or without isolation from society; in such spheres of psychology as legal, preventive, juvenile and others.
We hypothesize that the negative indicators of the aforementioned variables result in insufficient resocialization of the individual after being released from serving the sentence in modern society proved by us in the process of psycho-correction work with 4 experimental groups of the subjects studied. As a result of the work, there have been significant changes in a number of indicators of the system complex we are investigating, the severity of which at the time of completion of the study compared with its beginning allows us to assert that the process of resocialization of the subjects is successful. Eight of those who studied after participating in the program successfully married (material assistance provided to them by the relevant charitable and religious organizations of Ukraine) and happily living in the family, bringing up children. And the author as the head of the public organization of the North-East interregional department for the execution of punishments and probation of the Ministry of justice of Ukraine in every possible way tries to provide them with assistance.
The prospect of our further research and publications will be the disclosure of the results of the work after a psycho correction program with the researchers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Articles in the Psychological Journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. For more detailed information, please, fallow the link - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
2. Сорока А. В. Програми дослідження розвитку ефективності соціальної адаптації особистості після звільнення із пенітенціарних установ /А. В. Сорока // Проблеми екстремальної та кризової психології. Збірник наукових праць. Частина II. – Х.: НУЦЗУ, 2013. – С. 330-337.
3. Сорока А. В. Особливості показників базових переконань бездомної особи після звільнення від відбування покарання. /А. В. Сорока // Вісн. Харк. нац. ун. імені В. Н. Каразіна. Збірник наукових праць. – № 1095. – Серія: Психологія. – 2014. Вип. 53. – С. 233-237.
4. Сорока А. В. Системний підхід до ресоціалізації особистості після звільнення від відбування покарання. /А. В. Сорока // Вісн. Харк. нац. ун. імені В. Н. Каразіна. Збірник наукових праць. – Серія «Психологія». Вип. 58. – 2015. – С. 147-151.
5. Сорока А. В. Психологические особенности социальной реадаптации лиц, освобождённых из мест лишения свободы. Современные проблемы прикладной юридической психологии [Электронный ресурс]: материалы I Респ. науч.-практ. конф., Минск, 23 нояб. 2016 г. /редкол.: И. А. Фурманов (отв. ред.) [и др.]. – Электрон. дан. (17,1 Мб). – Минск: Изд. центр БГУ, 2016. – С. 101-106.
6. Сорока А. В. Особливості ресоціалізації особистості після звільнення від відбування терміну покарання. Social Sciences and Psychology faculty: 25 years (progress, problems, perspectives) Republican scientific-practical conference of young researchers (17 April 2017).–Bakı – 2017. – Р. 77-81.
7. Soroka A. V. PSYCHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF PER-SONALITY SELF GOVERNING IN THE PERIOD OF SOCIAL REHABILITATION. Proceedings of III International scientific conference «Science: new goals». London, SI Universum, 2017. – P. 43-53.
8. Трубников В. М. Социальная адаптация освобожденных от отбывания наказания. Харьков, 1990. – С. 3.
9. Швалб Ю. М. Психологія соціальної роботи: підручник /за ред. Ю. М. Швалба. – К.: «Основа», 2014. – С. 30.
1. The Law of Ukraine on Probation. Information from the Verkhovna Rada, 2015, N 13, p.2.
2. Soroka A. V. Programs to study the development of the effectiveness of social adaptation of the individual after release from the penitentiary institutions /A. V. Soroka // Problems of extreme and crisis psychology. Collection of scientific works. Part II. – Kh.: NUTZU, 2013. – P. 330-337.
3. Soroka A. V. Features of indicators of basic beliefs of a homeless person after release from serving a sentence. /AND. V. Soroka // Visn. Hark. Nats. Un. named after V.N. Karazin. Collection of scientific works. – N. 1095. – Series: Psychology. – 2014. Whip 53. – P. 233-237.
4. Soroka A. V. System approach to resocialization of personality after release from serving a sentence. /A. V. Soroka // Visn. Hark. Nats. named after V. N. Karazin. Collection of scientific works. – The series «Psychology». Whip 58. – 2015. – P. 147-151.
5. Soroka A. V. Psychological features of social readaptation of persons released from places of deprivation of liberty. Modern problems of applied legal psychology [Electronic resource]: materials I Resp. scientific-practical. Conf., Minsk, 23 November. – 2016 /red: I. A. Furmanov (editorial editors) [and others]. – Electron. Dan. (17.1 MB). – Minsk: Izd. center of BSU, 2016.– P. 101-106.
6. Soroka A. V. Features resocialization of personality after release from serving the sentence. Social Sciences and Psychology faculty: 25 years (progress, problems, perspectives). Republican scientific-practical conference of young researchers (17 April 2017). – Bakı – 2017. – Р. 77-81.
7. Soroka A. V. PSYCHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF PER-SONALITY SELF GOVERNING IN THE PERIOD OF SOCIAL REHABILITATION. Proceedings of III International scientific conference “Science: new goals”. London, SI Universum, 2017. – P. 43-53.
8. Trubnikov V. M. Social adaptation of those who have been released from serving their sentences. Kharkov, 1990. – P. 3.
9. Shvalb Y. M. Psychology of social work: textbook / ed. Y. M. Shvalba. – K .: «Basis», 2014 – P. 30.