Main Article Content
Object. Obese women with low level of physical activity form their personality depending on their physical attractiveness and emotional state. The lack of self-realization generates internal anxiety and emotional eating problems.
Methods. Noodynamics Test (TN-D) and Adjective Checklist (ACL).
Results. Obese women with low level of physical activity unable to realize personal development on the basis of "multidimensional being and versatile formation". In an ideal self-image they manifest an excessive concentration on past failures, devaluate their own achievements, and become obsessed with physical attractiveness.
Discussion. Self-acceptance is building internal tools for self-realization. The versatile vision of their experience improves the level of self-control in eating behavior and level of physical activity.
Articles in the Psychological Journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. For more detailed information, please, fallow the link - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
2. Cervone D. Personality, binder ready version: theory and research / D. Cervone, L. A. Pervin., 2015. – 344 с.
3. Chanduszko-Salska J. Psychological characteristics of women with overweight and obesity / J. Chanduszko-Salska, N. Ogińska-Bulik. // Acta Universitatis Lodziensis. Folia Psychologica. – 2000. – №4. – С. 35–44.
4. Felcyn M. Feeling the meaning of the lives of people in mourning / M. Felcyn, N. Ogińska-Bulik. // Polskie Forum Psychologiczne. – 2009. – №1. – С. 63–77.
5. Frankl V. E. Psychotherapie für den Alltag: Rundfunkvorträge über Seelenheilkunde / Frankl. – Gamburg: Verlag Herder GmbH, 2015 – 241 с.
6. Gough H. G. The adjective check list manual / H. G. Gough, A. B. Heilbrun. – California: Consulting Psychologists Press, 2016. – 39 с.
7. Martsynyak-Dorosh O. M. The sense of the meaning of life as a subjective indicator of compensation for women who are overweight and obese / Martsynyak-Dorosh. // Young. – 2015. – №10. – С. 188–191. [Google Scholar]
8. Martsynyak-Dorosh O. M. The aim of our existence as a control of overeating for overweighted women / Martsynyak-Dorosh. // Young. – 2017. – №41. – С. 234–238. [Google Scholar]
9. Ogińska-Bulik N. Psychology of over eating. Causes-consequences-ways of change / Ogińska-Bulik. – Łódz: University of Lodz, 2004. – 291 с. [Google Scholar]
10. Ogińska-Bulik N. I know what I eat. Psychology of overeating and slimming / Ogińska-Bulik. – Łódz: University of Lodz, 2016. – 267 с.
11. Pickett-Blakely O. Obesity in Women / O. Pickett-Blakely, L. Uwakwe, R. Rashid. // Gastroenterology Clinics. – 2016. – №45. – С. 317–331. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gtc.2016.02.008
12. Popielski K. Noetic dimension of personality. Psychological analysis of sense of life / Popielski. – Lublin: RW KUL, 1994. – 415 с.